Meet your new best friend!
Neighbors, there are animals need our help! There are pets in Greene County who are in crisis. These pets are loved and have homes, but their owners are unable to fully care for their basic needs. My husband Charles and I, along with COFAS (Circle of Friends Animal Society) have been doing all we possibly can by supplying dog houses, food and medical supplies, but it is not enough.
This crisis has inspired us to start The GAIN FUND. The mission of The GAIN Fund(Greene Animals in Need) is to assist pet owners who are in poverty, in the midst of a short-term emergency, financial setback, or are simply one vet bill away from giving away a beloved pet. No one should have to give up a pet because they cannot afford basic necessities!
Dog houses will be the first focus of the GAIN FUND. Cold weather is coming, and some outdoor dogs in our community have inadequate shelter, or NO SHELTER AT ALL. A warm dog house with hay inside (to hold body heat) can make the difference between suffering and comfort for a dog outside in winter, plus provide shelter from rain and sun.
Our mission is to purchase 20+ dog houses and hay for bedding before cold weather arrives. Durable plastic dog houses are the most economical way to provide shelter, and are easy to clean and store. Sam at Greene County Animal Control has offered to store them and will work with us and COFAS delivering them to pets in need.
IF YOU SEE A DOG IN GREENE COUNTY IN NEED OF SHELTER, PLEASE CALL SAM at ANIMAL CONTROL – 706-454-7039.
Used dog houses in good condition will be gratefully accepted!!
Please contact me personally to arrange pick up of used dog houses for donation. To quote Sam at Animal Control…., “Greene County Animal Control works in partnership with Circle of Friends to help animals in our community”. We fully support the GAIN FUND to provide even more assistance for our pets in need”.
If you are not familiar with COFAS, they have been quietly at work in the Lake Oconee area for more than 11 years. COFAS is a small, all-volunteer 501(c) (3) rescue group with little funding. They do not turn away a dog in need, regardless of size, age, needs heartworm treatment or even if the dog is disabled.
- When COFAS rescues a group of kittens, they take the mother cat as well.
- COFAS believes every pet deserves a chance at a happy life.
- 2017 ALONE, COFAS RESCUED 738 PETS!!! That is a phenomenal number for only one year!
- COFAS has no shelter building, and relies entirely on a network of foster homes.
- For more info, you can find them on Facebook, or online at www.cofas.org.
- Please consider making a donation today. All donations are tax-deductible and any amount will help us. Donations can be made online or checks can be sent to either address below.
- Please make checks out to COFAS and make a donation it’s for the GAIN FUND. Thank you in advance for your help and please feel free to contact me for more information.
- Kelley Middleton 1020 Terrell Circle Greensboro, GA 30642
- COFAS P.O. BOX 1235 Greensboro, GA 30642